Wednesday, May 26, 2010

THERE’S AN EMPTY SPACE HERE

I held my backpack and water bottle close to my chest as I clumsily walked into my new class. “Now remember the first rule in this class, always be punctual to class, tardiness is not tolerated for whatsoever reason,” the teacher reiterated as his piercing eyes settled on me, the unfortunate scapegoat. Stuttering, I uttered a few words of apology as I tried to avoid further embarrassment by promptly locating the nearest seat amidst the stares from my classmates who were already settled down.

As I wandered down the front row towards the back row, I heard someone call out, “there’s an empty space here.” Edging towards the available chair, I offered a grateful smile and attempted to sit without drawing more attention to myself. Hello my name is Ayo Shonuga. It was the voice again, which I noticed belonged to the fair skinned boy seated beside me. Breathing heavily, I told him my name was Ifeyinwa Dinma as my pen and notebook fell to the floor noisily. Why must I be accident prone? I silently pondered while Ayo picked up my materials. I can imagine how you feel he offered cheerfully as he handed my rebellious belongings back to me. I gave him my nervous smile and nod of approval and turned my attention to the class teacher who was trying his best to ignore my seat partner and me, but I did not hear a word he said. All I could think of was the bold, nice, and attractive seat partner I had.

(What do think, should this story be continued?)

8 comments:

  1. yup yup.. please, want to know what happened with you and that guy.. so you had a crush ehn?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so silly Nma!!!! Omo Eko!! But yes! The story should continue..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's interesting.. I can hear you saying that

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes please....tell us wat happens next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. yesssssssssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebellious belongings? Gosh!

    Pls go on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Due to the fact that the protagonist's name is Ifeyinwa, which happens to be my name, I say ride on with the story :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. madam.. biko we r still waiting for this story o.. abi we have not begged enough nii.. ogini sef!

    ReplyDelete